Visit Konga

Wednesday 28 October 2015

Datti Rejects House C’tee Chairmanship

 Hon. Garba Muhammad Datti, representing Sabon Gari Federal Constituency, Kaduna on the platform of the All Progressives Congress (APC), rejected his appointment as Chairman of the Committee on Solid Minerals Development on the grounds that he was not consulted before the appointment was made.

“I feel as a former principal officer I should have been consulted before my name was announced. I just heard of it on the floor. And I have my own principles. I have decided on my own to withdraw as the Chairman of that committee,” he said.


Datti, who was Deputy Minority Leader in the seventh assembly, added that the decision was personal and not taken based on any external influence.  He also expressed confidence in the leadership abilities of Speaker Yakubu Dogara, and reiterating his loyalty to the APC.

No comments:

Post a Comment