Visit Konga

Saturday 31 October 2015

John Fashanu Paid Brother Justin £75,000 to Stop Him Coming Out as Gay

Justin Fashanu
John Fashanu paid his brother Justin £75,000 in a bid to prevent him from becoming out as the first openly gay English professional footballer because he did not want his family to be embarrassed.

Former England Under 21 international Justin committed suicide in 1998, eight years after he first went public with a claim that he had an affair with a married Conservative MP.

And now his brother has revealed the extent that he went to in a bid to stop the revelation that shocked British football.
John Fashanu
Former Wimbledon striker John's shameful admission that he tried to buy his brother's silence having also threatened him come 17 years after he first slammed Justin, saying he would not want to be involved in the same dressing room as him.

'I begged him, I threatened him, I did everything I could possibly do to try and stop him coming out,' Fashanu told the Daily Mirror.

'I gave him the money because I didn't want the embarrassment for me or my family. Had he come out now, it would be a different ball game.
'I'll never forget when Justin first told me,' Fashanu said. 'He called me in the evening time and said to me: "I'm gay".

'He promised when I gave him the money he would not go out and say that. Two days later - bang - headlines in a newspaper. I looked like a sucker.'

Fashanu's revelations come amid reports that two Premier League footballers, including an England international, are planning to go public about being homosexual.

No comments:

Post a Comment