Visit Konga

Thursday 28 January 2016

Dad Arrested For Theft After Confiscating Daughter’s Phone


When you were younger did your parents take away your phone as punishment?
Well, that’s what father Ronald Jackson did when he found out his 12-year-old daughter had received an inappropriate text.

The girl’s mum called the police, claiming the iPhone 4s actually belonged to her.
So Jackson, 36 from Texas, was arrested on theft charges.

He told CBS DFW: ‘I was being a parent. You know, a child does something wrong, you teach them what’s right.

‘You tell them what they did wrong and you give them a punishment to show they shouldn’t be doing that.’


Jackson’s disciplining technique backfired, though he was found not guilty due to insufficient evidence, following a two-day trial.

Michelle Steppe, the girl’s mum told WFAA: ‘As a mum, I’m upset because, number one – the property belongs to me.’

Jackson was forced to pay a $1,500 (£1,000) bail.

He got to keep the phone, though his relationships have suffered.


‘I have to separate myself from tem. I can’t have a relationship with them again,’ he added.

No comments:

Post a Comment