Visit Konga

Tuesday 16 February 2016

Court Warns FG, DISCOs Against Subsisting Orders


Former Director of Military Intelligence, DMI, Major-General Letam Wiwa, yesterday, denied report of his arrest by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC,  saying he was neither arrested nor detained.

The EFCC corroborated his position, saying the commission has no record of his arrest or detention.
Major-General Wiwa said: “There was not even an invitation, let alone an arrest. I was really surprised when I read the report and I guessed it must be a magic arrest.


“I just woke up this morning (Monday), and people started calling me that they saw reports of my arrest in the papers. I am now sitting in my office in Oshodi, Lagos. They didn’t even ask the army whether any such arrest happened.”

The EFCC, on its part, confirmed that the former DMI was not arrested as reported by the media
Spokesman for EFCC, Mr. Wilson Uwujaren, said in a statement: “I can’t find any such detainee in our records. I can’t find anything on him.”

Before Mr. Uwujaren spoke, another top official of the anti-graft agency had said the report of General Wiwa’s arrest was untrue.

The EFCC said: “We are not aware of any such arrest.” He said Wiwa was neither invited for questioning nor arrested by the EFCC.


According to him, the operations of the DMI had nothing to do with procurement of equipment for the army or any security agency.

No comments:

Post a Comment