Visit Konga

Friday 26 February 2016

Life With Isis Was ‘Really Hard’, Says Swedish Teenager


A Swedish teenager who was rescued from Isis for the second time has described life under the so-called caliphate as ‘really hard’.

Marlin Stivani Nivarlain, 16, was rescued by Kurdish forces from Mosul, northern Iraq, earlier this month.

She told a Kurdish TV channel that the house she was staying in had no water or electricity and she had no money, and when she gained access to a phone she called her mother back in Sweden and said she wanted to come home.


‘In Sweden we have everything and when I was there I didn’t have anything,’ she said.‘No water, no electricity and I didn’t have any money either.

‘And it was a really hard life. So when I had a phone I started to contact my mom to her that I want to go home.’

Marlin, from Boras in the south of Sweden, claims she was tricked by her boyfriend – reportedly killed in an air strike – into travelling to Syria while pregnant in May 2015.

She was rescued by Kurdish forces in October, but fled her rescuers to rejoin her partner.
She gave birth to a son days later, according to reports.


The pair used buses and trains to get to the Turkish border province of Gaziantep. From there, they crossed over to Syria.

No comments:

Post a Comment