Visit Konga

Tuesday 8 December 2015

Raoul Savoy Says He Quit as The Gambia Boss and Was Not Sacked


Raoul Savoy has insisted that he quit as coach of The Gambia for personal reasons and was not sacked.

The Gambia Football Federation (GFF) said on Saturday: "We have a mutual agreement amongst the stakeholders to terminate the services of Raoul."

But Savoy told BBC Sport: "I met with the [sports] minister last Tuesday and after a long meeting I decided to stop."I decided to stop because I can't continue due to personal reasons - the GFF never decided to sack me."

Savoy also rejected speculation in The Gambia that his decision was prompted by a fall-out with Swansea City forward Modou Barrow.

"It was nothing to do with players, nothing to do with staff and nothing to do with the people around the team," he insisted. "I cannot resign because of a player - a player is a player - I am the boss.


"Players have to follow my rules, my ideas and my philosophy of football, if a player doesn't want this they stay at home. That's it.

Click here to read more

No comments:

Post a Comment