Visit Konga

Thursday 10 December 2015

World’s First Transgender Bodybuilding Contest Takes Place


Shawn Stinson has won the first Transgender Bodybuilding Competition.‘My definition of being transgender is being born in the wrong body,’ Sean says.

‘I was very depressed as a child, suicidal.’In the US, 41% of respondents in a transgender discrimination survey said they had attempted suicide at one point or another.

But it was when he joined the military that things started to make a move towards transitioning between his birth body and the one he thought he should be in all along.
‘Over in Iraq… I chose to work out. My main focus was on my chest.

If I went to the beach, I could probably walk around without a shirt on.


‘I was transitioning without really knowing I was transitioning.’

No comments:

Post a Comment